Monday, July 2, 2012

A New Challenge & Some New Goals

I heard about this new blogging challenge from Kat and thought I'd join in. There are days when I'm not sure what to write about and this challenge gives me something to write about everyday for the month of July. The challenge is originally from Peanut Butter and Jenny
And yeah, there's 31 days in July but only 30 challenges. Thankfully I'm starting it a day later so it works out. On to challenge #1: my goals for July
I was going to write a post about my goals anyway so this really worked out.
  1. Go to the gym at least 3 days a week. I really want to aim for 5 days a week, but it's been a miracle when I get to the gym at all so I don't want to set my goal too high at first. Plus if I do make it to the gym 5 days a week I'm overachieving which is good :)
  2. Stretch every night before bed. I don't stretch nearly enough and could definitely use it.
  3. Organize my recipes. I have 3 binders worth of recipes that are just sitting around in folders and desperately need to be organized
  4. Don't eat out more than once or twice a month. I've been horrible about eating out and it costs too much and isn't that great for healthy eating.
 On another note I finally dragged my butt to the gym! I debated with myself the whole way home, part of me trying to find excuses to not go and the other part berated my flakey self for not going. In the end I made it and I'm glad I did. It's always getting myself to the gym that's the problem; there are just days I really don't want to go and those days have been much more frequent than usual. Some of these exercises may not make sense, but it's how I have them written down to remember them
  • Cross over hand pushup on bosuball--2 x 10
  • Weight assisted pullup with 90#--2 x 12
  • Step up bosuball on box to lib--20 each leg
  • Leg extension with 75#--2 x 12
  • Crazy Ivans with 4# ball--2 x 10
  • Stability ball elbow plank
Tomorrow is my day off which I plan on going to Zumba and making dessert for the 4th of July. 

Anyone else joining this challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment