Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cheating & Car Troubles

Alright, I'll admit it, I cheated on my workouts this week.
I had planned on going to Zumba this morning and then flaked out. I can say my excuse was that Link was acting like a little brat and I took him over to Cody's so Ari could tire him out, which is true. But in all honesty I figured I'd be walking a whole bunch tomorrow that I could take a day off. Which unfortunately is the logic that caused me to not go to the gym for weeks at a time. Bad Brittany! I'm trying not to kick myself too much, but I feel like I've just been so lazy and not being healthy enough that not going today makes me feel bad about myself. 

And tomorrow I had validated going for a long walk to chicken out of Zumba and now unfortunately I won't be going anywhere. My cheer team walks in the 4th of July parade in my hometown and as a coach I'm supposed to walk with them. When I went to run an errand before practice tonight my car decided to not start. I already knew I needed new spark plugs & wires, but it looks like I may need a new battery. So since I was sans working car I couldn't make it to practice nor will I make the parade tomorrow. So now all my screwy logic for not going to Zumba went right out the window. Guess I'll be walking around my neighborhood tomorrow instead. I had also convinced Cody to go for a hike with me on Thursday, but since we don't have transportation that won't be happening either. My car always has troubles at inopportune times...not like there is an opportune time to get car troubles, but you know what I mean.
Sorry for such a whiny post, but it's my blog and I can cry if I want to right?

To make up for a whiny post, here's an adorable picture of my kitty snuggling with my stuffed lion

And finally, the day 2 question for my 30 day blog challenge is:
If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
This one is tough for me because I've had so many good pieces of advice throughout life. The one that I think has kept me going through almost everything is that no matter what happens in your life the world will keep turning and you to keep standing and push through.

Any good pieces of advice you've been given?

No comments:

Post a Comment