Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

I was originally supposed to spend my 4th of July morning walking in a parade with my cheerleaders, but considering my car was dead I wasn't going anywhere. So instead I woke up to finish the fruit tart I had started making on Tuesday. Unfortunately when I pulled out the pint of strawberries they were all molded...not the best way to start things off. Thankfully I live around the corner from Whole Foods so I walked over to Whole Foods and got the best damn pint of strawberries I've ever had. I finished putting together my red, white, and blue fruit tart...but you'll have to wait a bit for the pictures, I've got to keep my eats in order here!
Cody came over to spend time together before he had to go to work and he got a yummy breakfast out of it.
 My plate of eggs in a basket with whole wheat bread and 1 egg. I had a huge cup of strawberries on the side
 A cup of vanilla chai tea with a splash of milk and sugar. I got about halfway through before I realized I hadn't taken a picture. Whoops!
Cody's breakfast, my man is so silly

After breakfast we curled up on the couch to watch Gnomeo & Juliet. Personally I think it was my favorite adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. I actually understood what they were saying and it had a happy ending. We watched How I Met Your Mother until Cody had to head off to work so I spent my afternoon watching Gossip Girl. It was freezing and foggy outside so I spent all of my 4th inside where my heater was keeping my house nice and toasty.
Once my parents got home my dad fired up the grill to make us dinner
Naked juice, grilled veggie burger w/ mayo & ketchup, white corn with butter and salt
Let me just say I love love LOVE these Morningstar griller burgers. They come out super yummy and much better than if they were microwaved. Plus I discovered whole wheat buns at Safeway which makes having a burger at home much better.

For dessert I had a nice slice of my fruit tart
 And the whole tart
I did my best to make this fruit tart healthier than it's original recipe. I used skim ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese and I used whole wheat pastry flour in the crust. I'll post the recipe at some point.

For the rest of my evening I stayed inside and listened to fireworks going off down at the beach. My poor cat hid himself under my bed and refused to come out for 2 hours and everytime a firework went off I could hear our dog Boogie Chewebacca growling from my parents room. Eventually I just crashed once people stop setting off fireworks around 1 this morning.
Exciting 4th of July right?

Now for 2 questions from the 30 day blog challenge:
What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
Cody and I went to see Ted which I wrote about here 

If you could rid the world of one thing what would it be?
There are many things I would get rid of: poverty, racism,  etc.
But in all honesty I'd get rid of selfishness. I could give you so many reasons why, but honestly we'd have very little problems if people gave a damn for other people rather than just themselves. 

So what would you get rid of in the world if you could choose?
Anyone else spend the 4th of July inside?  


No comments:

Post a Comment