Monday, July 9, 2012

Catching Up & Keeping Goals

I made it to the gym today! Whoot whoot! I've been kind of slacking on gym time and last week with 4th of July it threw me off a bit. I also don't like going to the gym without my mom, even though we don't work out together. No idea why, but when she doesn't go I don't tend to go. Fortunately we both made it today, but unfortunately it feels like my workout didn't do anything. I guess I didn't push myself hard enough because I'm pretty damn sure it's not that I'm suddenly in great shape. Whenever I train with my trainer I'm always super exhausted afterwards because I've worked really hard and I always feel like I'm slacking when I work out on my own.
Workout:
  • Bosu elbow to knee crunches 20 each side x 2
  • Oblique pulse w/ 8# kettlebell 20 each side x 2
  • Decline situp w/ bosu & 6# medicine ball 10 x 2
  • Russian twists with 6# ball 20 x 2
I just keep reminding myself that at least I made it to the gym and I got a pretty long workout in and that's what counts.

I've been slacking on keeping up with  the 30 day blog challenge so now we'll have a little Q&A to catch up.
Post a picture of something or someone who made your day special
I'm going to be an overachiever and put 2
Despite the fact that this little guy likes to wake me up at 6:30 it's really a sweet way to wake up with him trying to snuggle my face
This man is simply awesome. He rides his bike all the way to my work to come visit me during my lunch break. Such a sweetheart. 

If you could spend 15 minutes with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
This one is tough but I think it would be Julie Andrews. She's such an amazing, graceful woman and I'd love to just meet her. 
Plus she was Mary Poppins so she's practically perfect in every way.

If you could live in any time period of the past, when would it be and why?
I've always been fascinated by the 40's and 50's. It was such a different lifestyle back then when people actually had manners. I wouldn't want to stay long though since it had it's fair share of problems too.
How do you envision your life in 5 years?
If I can be on the perfect path I'd just be graduating from college with my BA in nutrition and I hope I'll still be with my wonderful guy. I'm hoping I'll be a certified personal trainer and be training people to better their healthy lifestyles.
Do you ever feel like you don't push yourself hard enough when you work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment