Monday, July 30, 2012

MIMM: Thankful for Family

I don't ever usually like Mondays, but Marvelous in my Monday always perks me up. Granted it doesn't necessarily make my day bump-free or anything, but I always get to start my mornings by thinking of something that is really marvelous. It helps me start my Monday off in a more positive light and allows me to brag about something :)

I've always taken my parents for granted. They've always been there for me no matter what and it hasn't been until recently that I've realized how truly marvelous they are. I had to give up a year of college to keep a roof over my ex-fiance's and my head. I mainly paid for everything and college and a full-time job just weren't mixing. When I broke things off with him and was left with an apartment I couldn't afford, my parents stepped up and offered to move out of the apartment they were living in to move into a new place with me. I was so frazzled by bills and living on my own that I almost broke into tears by the generosity of my parents. We talked college and they worked a deal out with me to go to college and they would let me live there rent free. I was relieved to be able to go back to school with my parents' support and I wouldn't be where I am without them.
They really are marvelous people and the best parent's anyone could ever ask for. I may have my problems with them once in awhile, but I've really come to realize they always have my back no matter what and they'll always be there for me. I always want to do my best to make them proud and to be told by my stepdad that I make him so proud got me choked up.
With school starting in a few weeks and my parents doing whatever they can to help me succeed really just made me realize what marvelous parents they are and just really drove home how much I love them and how thankful I am to have them in my life.

Have a marvelous week!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT a sweet post! Your parents are wonderful for sure! It's nice you recognize that and do not take them for granted <3

    I am so happy MIMM can make your Monday brighter!

    ReplyDelete