Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Happy Monday!
That's what I keep telling myself because I'm still sick and getting worse.
Hopefully I can power through the day at work and the gym so I can go home and sleep.
But first I want to brag about my awesome weekend!


Friday night Cody and I went out to dinner at the restaurant he works at because it's just that damn good. I ordered the veggie burger with cheese and bacon (bacon?! Yeah I know) and he ordered the calamari steak sandwich. My favorite part though, besides spending time with him (cue the "Awww" sign), is the tartar sauce at the restaurant. It's amazing with their fries.

I got to spend some time with two adorable kitties this weekend.
Kitty on the left is our cat Ari
Kitty on the right is my friend Ciara's. His name is Sir Arthur Kitty Doyle...whatta name

I also did some gardening finally. I figured I'd do it all on Sunday, but unfortunately Mother Nature decided to start blasting frigid cold air at me and I gave up before I could plant my seeds. I at least got some planting done. I've got a lavender & rosemary plants, a red bell pepper, two beefsteak tomatoes, strawberries, and two calla lilies. I love love love getting my hands in some dirt.

On Sunday Cody and I decided to have our own little picnic at this park near his house. We had watermelon, sparking cider, PB&J sandwiches (classy right?), pretzels, and carrots. Unfortunately we had to abandon the park after barely touching the food before the frigid air I was talking about decided to blast us. We ended up relocating the picnic to the floor of his room and had a fun time watching Big Bang Theory and having a foam dart battle...I won.

On Saturday we went to the farmer's market for the first time. We started out the day with some bagels, I got whole wheat with strawberry cream cheese...sooooo good! Then we headed off to the market. I saw a lot of yummy produce, a toooon of flowers, and lots of other fun shops. I was able to pick up a few things, but we mostly walked around and looked.

 Did you do anything fun for Easter?
Anyone else gardening yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment