Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Recap

Tomorrow is Monday already? Where did my weekend go? It's not like I did anything exciting really, but it was two days full of not working...the best kind of days!

Friday night Cody took me out to see The Hunger Games again. Originally our plan was to get a pizza and have an X-Men marathon, but somehow it morphed to going out to see a movie instead. Cody wanted to see Three Stooges, but I had to explain to him that I'm a woman and I don't find the Moe, Larry, and Curly funny at all. What I really wanted to see was The Hunger Games which we had already seen and it didn't take much to convince Cody to see it instead of something else. I just love the whole series and the movie is excellent. If you haven't seen it, go see it...like now. I'm a crazy fan girl and even have a mockingjay pin on my leather jacket and I've worn my brown leather boots both times I've seen the movie. I'm even pretty damn good at archery.
Just call me Katniss

Saturday Cody and I just ran some errands and then watched Big Bang Theory until he went to work. Once he went to work I got on to Pottermore and spent hours playing until I finished the first chapter. I was expecting the game to be a lot more entertaining than it is. Maybe it's just the first book, but I was expecting more than what I got. But we'll see how it goes once they open the rest of the books...whenever that may be.

Sunday I spent mostly in bed, unable to get up without involuntarily collapsing. I have no idea what was wrong with me today, but I could barely stand for longer than a minute without my legs going super weak and getting lightheaded. Once Cody went to work I alternated between doing laundry, making granola, baking whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (what a mouthful), and lying in bed. I promise this week I'll finally post my granola recipe and my recipe for w.w. oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Tomorrow is the first day of registration for the summer semester at my college and I'm praying I can get the two classes I need. Unfortunately the school only offers my wedding cake class during the summer so I've got to get this class before I have to wait another year to get that one damn class. I feel like I'm preparing for battle to get these two classes. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Before I end this I want to just say how damn proud I am of my boyfriend. He hasn't been working at his new job for a whole month yet before they put one of his dishes on their specials menu as an appetizer. What an amazing accomplishment! He's such an amazing chef and I couldn't be more proud :)

Any fun weekend adventures?
Any delicious new eats over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment