Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goals to Stick To

It's almost 2012 and everyone keeps making their lists of resolutions so I figured I'd hop on and write mine down. Usually I write down my resolutions and keep them to myself, but I never end up keeping them; once I get this stuff public I'm stubborn enough to keep up with it so I'm enlightening you all to my 2012 goals.

I've noticed I always make extremely vague resolutions (i.e. I'm going to get healthier, save money, etc.) but I never have a battle plan to follow to make this stuff happen. This upcoming year I'm a clean slate so I'm going to make my plan and stick to it. Though I won't punish myself if I fall off the bandwagon once in awhile, I'm only human. So here we go!

  • Get toned and be proud of how I look. I plan to go to the gym 5 times a week, go to every Zumba class, (hopefully) get in touch with a trainer, and try kickboxing at my gym.
  • Run a mile every morning before work. Simple, no explanation needed except I need to haul my butt up at 6 AM to get it done.
  • Eat healthier. Vague I know, but the plan is detailed. I want to cut down on eating meat, eat only lean meats (i.e. chicken breasts, lean cuts of beef), and reduce my red meat intake. Eat less sweets which is very very hard when you enjoy baking so damn much. Eat less processed food. I also need to introduce myself to fish again which doesn't make me jump up and down, but it's a healthy meat so I've got to try.
  • Blog more. Simple and to the point. I need to not ignore my blog for over a week.
  • and the big one. Put myself first. I've written about it before and I'm sticking with it this upcoming year. I'm so blessed to be where I am, happy and single, and I need to keep me first.
Hope you're all making a good list of things to do for this upcoming year! I'll be posting about my New Year's celebration in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment