Friday, December 9, 2011

Chickening Out and Birthday Surprises

Happy Friday! It's almost the weekend thank goodness!

I said I was going to a pilates class at my gym last night and well....I didn't end up going. Working out Wednesday made me super sore so yesterday just wasn't the day to start a new class I've never been to. Instead I went home and caught up on all my recorded shows. Unfortunately last night's class was the last pilates class and I'm hoping it was just the last one with that instructor. This weekend though is the start of my mom's and my workout plans. The poor thing has no idea what she's getting into *cue evil laugh*. I'm also (hopefully) doing a kickboxing class tomorrow morning, but we'll see how I'm feeling at 7:30 am.

As for birthday surprises, it was my mom's birthday Wednesday and my brother, stepdad, and I had a nice surprise for her. My brother came up to surprise her and make her dinner and my stepdad and I were in charge of making sure she didn't know. Unfortunately my mom doesn't do well with surprises and tried to weasel out hints from me all day at work. I had to keep telling her to leave it be and just wait, which she'd do grudgingly for an hour or two before she started pestering me. When we came home my brother was hiding and jumped out at her and the look on her face was priceless. She was so happy and it was well worth the hours of pestering I endured. We made her a delicious dinner of roasted chicken, garlic bread, angel hair pasta, and steamed asparagus. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of our delicious dinner as I was too busy carving up chicken and making 3 things at once lol. All in all it was a great way to celebrate my mom's birthday.

I'll be back with an update on if we survived our new workout routine. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment