Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An About-Face

First off I want to apologize to everyone for my insanely depressing Christmas post. I was going through a rough patch and Christmas took the brunt of my depression. I finally realized that I can't give up on a happy holiday that everyone else is celebrating. Not to mention that the reason I was depressed was pointless and I just needed to march on through. Anyway, I'm back to my normal self and will continue to post happier Christmas posts.

This weekend my parents and I decorated the house and went to buy our Christmas tree. My first pick ended up being the perfect Christmas tree (takes a bow). Once we brought it home I had a nice fight getting it into the stand and then watering it, but we got it up and decorated which is what matters! We also went and bought almost all the stuff I need to do my insanely large amount of baking. Want to know what I'm making? Of course you do! This year I'm making:
  • Butternut balls (no jokes people)
  • Gingerbread & sugar cookies
  • Shortbread with raspberry and white chocolate
  • Fudge
  • Peanut brittle
  • Cathedral windows
Once I've spent the weekend slaving away making everything I pack them up in boxes and send them off to friends and family. It's one of my favorite traditions I do every year.

Sunday I went to San Jose with my mom to take my grandma out Christmas shopping. I just about killed everyone in the mall. The downside to Christmas is all the crazies out in the malls that feel it necessary to run me down with their 30 bags of stuff. But I helped pick out some fun gifts for my niece and nephew and got to spend time with my grandma and mom which always brightens my day. After that fun adventure I came home and promptly died on my couch.

And here are the pretty decorations around my house...the tree thanks to moi.

And the lights in my room.

Hope you all are enjoying the crazy Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment