Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Happy Wednesday everyone!

As I've said before I recently moved back in with my parents which involved long weeks of packing, hauling stuff to the new place, and exhaustion. Unfortunately that also meant I had little time for anything other than work and sleep, which means no gym for Brittany. Once we finished the move I was determined to haul my butt to the gym, but my brain ended up doing more work thinking about it than my body did doing it. For example, yesterday I was going to do a mile run in the morning before work; I woke up, weighed the pros and cons and ended up falling back asleep. This morning though I was determined to haul my butt out of bed and get moving. And I succeeded :) I was also going to do a zumba class at my gym tonight buuuuut it's my mom's birthday (happy birthday Mom!) so I'm skipping out on that for a surprise celebration instead.

I've always been super active so it's been weird sitting around doing nothing so I've written up a workout schedule (I'm a nut for charts and schedules). I'll be reporting back at least once a week about how tired my out of shape butt is.

Another thing I'm getting back into is healthy food. I've been lazy and haven't eaten well, plus I've been bored which equals lots of munching. Baaaaaaad bad! So I've been watching what I've been eating (let's not talk about the tuxedo cake that keeps taunting me to eat it at home) and so far I've done pretty well keeping to good portions. And yes, I do treat myself because life is boring without some delicious peppermint Joe Joes (Trader Joe's oreos)...go out and buy these, they're AMAZING!
So these are some of the stuff I ate yesterday. 1/2 good, 1/2 not so great.
Greek yogurt for breakfast, 3 cuties for a snack, 2 Joe Joes, and hot chocolate (it's Christmas time give me a break).  I also had a Subway sandwich for lunch and some whole grain Cheez-Its (buy these too, they taste the same as regular but better for you).



No comments:

Post a Comment