Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Baking Part 2,3 & 4

I survived my weekend!
It was definitely eventful; crazy mall shopping, smashing 4 different cookies into one baking day, being almost run over a few times while trying to buy flour. I'm exhausted, but happy to be done with it all.
Now, on to the baking!

I originally had a plan to bake 2 kinds of cookies Friday night, make peanut brittle Saturday, and 2 other kinds of cookies Sunday. Well, that plan didn't pan out quite so well. Friday night my mom and I braved Target to get that out of the way and we were out until almost 10. Staying up and baking was out of the question when I would be up early the next morning to make brittle, shop, and go to a birthday party.
So on Sunday I was up and about for about 8 hours baking. Boy are my feet unhappy!
But the end result was pretty yummy!
Butternut balls

Peanut brittle

Gingerbread cookies


Shortbread with raspberry and white chocolate

Again I forgot to get pictures of the cathedral windows, whoops! Hopefully they'll be in the final box of all the treats that I take down to my relative's house for Christmas.
I'm also missing sugar because with all that baking crammed into one day, I just didn't have the energy to make another cookie. I figured I had enough sugar that nobody would miss the sugar cookies.

As for the shopping experience, holy bajeezus! Target was crazy busy and I was already exhausted from working all day. Navigating that store with a big crowd of people while cranky from work didn't make for a pleasant shopping trip. Nevertheless, we made it through and thankfully didn't have to make the trip on Saturday, which would have resulted in mass injuries from my cart ramming into shins.
The mall wasn't much better, though I was without a cart which helped some. It was pretty busy, but not as bad as I was expecting, which I think is what saved my sanity. I was able to indulge myself in a new pair of jeans and running shoes which were necessary. Merry early Christmas to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment