Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

Hey there lovelies! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas this year! I know I'm exhausted from my celebrations and ready to sleep until New Year's Eve comes around.

Friday my mom and I got off work early so we could go to lunch with our bosses at this fancy-smanchy restaurant. Everybody loves free food, especially me :) After lunch my mom and I went home and started doing chores around the house since we'd be gone all weekend. Exciting huh?

Saturday we went down to my grandma's house for a big family celebration and boy was it crazy. The amount of food was staggering. The dining room table was covered in savory food and the kitchen table was swamped with desserts. I'm talking 3 different kinds of pie, cookies galore, petit fours, and many many more. I of course brought my array of treats so I didn't help matters ha! I was good and didn't snarf down platefuls of food and kept to the healthy (but still delicious) food that was there and avoided the dessert table as much as possible. I wasn't so overcome with food lust to remember that the more I eat the more gym time required. After the fun started to settle we hauled our butts back home to relax and watch Christmas movies. My dad always requires us to watch A Christmas Story which I hate with a passion dislike, but then we went to our more classic ones like How the Grinch Stole Christmas and I got them to watch the Disney version of The Christmas Carol, which they loved. Eventually I went into my room to watch another non-Christmas movie and then promptly passed out. Normally I stay up super late watching Christmas movies and then wake up at like 3:00 AM and scare the holy crap out of my dad who doesn't realize I'm awake. Call me a little kid, I don't care, I enjoy wringing every last minute of Christmas out.

Unfortunately my mundane work schedule killed my Christmas tradition because I actually passed out (gotta make up that sleep) and slept until 7. We went through our stockings and I got some pretty cool stuff I've been wanting FOREVER. Like an iPhone armband so I can go running, a new running jacket, earbuds to workout with (see a theme here?) and some other neat stuff like makeup, an iTunes giftcard, and movies. After the Christmas morning chaos my parents left for another family thing while I stayed home and relaxed. I walked my butt over (gotta keep the exercise up) and rented the first season of The Vampire Diaries and stayed up until 4 AM watching it non-stop. Crazy right? But I had an awesome Christmas relaxing watching a new show and wasn't tempted by insane amounts of food, all in all, a good day.

Monday my brother, sister-in-law, and niece and nephew drove up and visited us and let me tell you, I didn't get to go to the gym, but my niece and nephew certainly kept me moving. It was so great to watch them open their presents and immediately ignore us all to play with them. This was by far my favorite day because I got to spend it with a bunch of people I love.

I forgot to get pictures of all my events, but that doesn't matter because I had an amazing weekend with people I love and that's the greatest gift I could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment