Sunday, January 27, 2013

Whoopsie (Fit Fridays #7)

Alright, this whole blogging on time thing is a little difficult for me to master.
I had to take my cat to the vet yet again on Friday so most of the day was spent giving him oodles of love, I'm sure you understand my slip up right?
But I didn't want to do just a Fit Friday post because I also love joining Katie at Healthy Diva Eats for Marvelous Mondays.
So let's combine them together and ignore the fact that it's Monday and not Friday, k?


Sunday:
I was still feeling under the weather and wanted to get back to 100% so I stayed in bed.
Monday:
I didn't want to push myself too hard jumping back in so I just did some yoga in the morning at home.
Tuesday:
Went for a morning yoga session at the gym, 6:30 AM baby!
Started running again, jog 5 minutes, walk 3, jog 5, walk 3. Not too hard and I got to try out a new running course around my neighborhood. 
 It's been rather chilly around here

Wednesday:
Yoga at the gym and with this teacher I feel like my perception that I was good at yoga has been squashed. I'm not saying I'm bad, I can do most poses (headstands and crow pose will be mine one day!), but holding them as long as we do in her class just makes me realize I haven't pushed myself a whole lot at home. It also really points out where my body is weak and where I need to work on strengthening.
Thursday:
Morning yoga sesh at the gym

Friday:
Is usually a day off, but I skipped 2 run days this week so I needed to make them up, plus I've got nothing better to do with my time. But man was this run a killer; run 8 minutes, walk 5, run 8. 8 minutes doesn't seem like a long time, but I felt like I was just about ready to keel over.

Saturday:
Last day of run 8, walk 5, run 8, but Michael and I ran it along the beach by his house. Each was is 1 mile and unfortunately my brain knew that so it was tiring itself out faster than my body was.
Has anyone watched The Biggest Loser? I know the show is controversial, but I won't throw my opinion in because I just don't know what goes on behind the scenes. What I will say about the show is that the contestants motivate me to keep pushing through no matter what. I'm not overweight nor have I ever been so I can't say I understand their struggles, but they push through and just move. That alone inspires me to keep going, especially when I'm running. This season they did a 5K and one girl actually ran it, she has me by over 100 pounds and yet she didn't give up. When I'm running I always remind myself of that so I don't give up.
I know that was a very long-winded thing right there, but I hope you all understand what I mean.

Working out is just marvelous so I hope you all get your butts out there and move, be it a yoga or Zumba class or a walk outside. Get moving!

How do you stay active?
Anyone else The Biggest Loser fans?

2 comments:

  1. Move your booty every day! :) hehe!

    I have not watched biggest loser the past couple seasons, but a great show for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you gave your body the proper rest it needed girl <3

    ReplyDelete