Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year's Eve 2012

Alright, I'm gonna have to start taking something to improve my memory!
I totally spaced on writing about my awesome New Year's Eve until right now, but hey, better late than never right?
So Michael and I had originally decided to go to this really nice hotel in town that had a big New Year's Eve party thing going on, but since I was just getting over being sick and still exhausted from Christmas we decided to change plans for something quieter.
We went down to Monterey and stayed at this adorably charming Victorian hotel. 
They served free wine and cheese during the afternoon in their parlor

After resting in our room for awhile we headed out to dinner. I was determined to go somewhere where I could wear jeans and just be comfortable, nothing fancy. This cafe we went to was to die for. We ordered pasta and they even had whole grain pasta! 
 We started off with salads with balsamic vinaigrette
I got whole grain pasta with olive oil, tomatoes, basil, and some parmesan cheese.
Unfortunately we screwed our healthy dinners with cake...
 Butterfinger cake
Black Forest cake.
If you can't tell by the pictures the slices of cake were practically the size of a baby. Of course we didn't end up eating all of it, that's just waaaaaaay too much cake.

After my belly was full we headed back to the hotel before it got too crazy being out. We pretty much stayed in our hotel room with a wonderful fire blazing and watching the New Year's Eve shows.
But of course we had snacks later on...

And bubbly!
 I absolutely love the name of this champagne, ha!

And since I'm crazy on sweets...
 Fruity petit fours from Whole Foods
And a gigantic clock cupcake

It was an incredibly relaxing, fun New Year's Eve and by far the best I've ever had. Michael and I talked for hours which is surprising after being best friends for 6 years.

The next day we rose bright and early for our first day of the new year, which you can read all about here

No comments:

Post a Comment