Sunday, March 9, 2014

MIMM: Trying New Things

Happy Monday everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend. 
Mine was pretty busy, but definitely loads of fun.
Instead of boring you with long stories I'll show you my weekend in pictures!

Friday night Michael and I relaxed with some pomegranate wine, popcorn, and finally got to watch Ender's Game

 Saturday morning Michael and I went to the local farmer's market. I just love living somewhere that has fresh organic produce year-round.
We went out to lunch at a local sushi place and I tried sushi for the first time! I'm not a fan of seaweed so I have a hard time eating it, but I ate some. I also got a Bento box with salad, rice, veggie tempura, and Michael and I split tempura bananas with vanilla ice cream & caramel sauce.
 Saturday night we went out to a Sharks game and went to a German restaurant to celebrate Michael's stepdad's birthday. The apple strudel there is to die for.

Sunday morning was soooooo hard to get up for. Anyone else have a hard time after losing an hour? My cat snuggled me and tried to convince me to not get dressed to go for a run. It didn't work and I made it for a run and Zumba.
 We headed to San Jose to get Michael a gym bag and explored Santana Row and drooled over Lululemon stuff (well I did, Michael just wandered and laughed at the high prices). We found this restaurant that was a vegan/vegetarian restaurant and Oh. My. God. It was aaaaaamazing!!!! I had a buffalo chick'n wrap and a kale caeser salad and Michael had a taco chick'n wrap and a Thai chick'n salad. Both were so delicious and we split a strawberry lemonade that was actually strawberry lemonade, not powdered, and a pomegranate green tea. We chugged them both cause they were both so delicious.
We also discovered a Pinkberry while we were there and stopped in to get a peanut  butter chocolate milkshake. Oh lord it was amazing!

Overall it was a great weekend and I enjoyed getting out and trying new things!

www.healthydivaeats.com


No comments:

Post a Comment