Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Highlights

Happy Monday everyone!
How was everyone's weekend?
Michael and I spent our weekend checking out some new things around town and relaxing.

Saturday morning we went to check out our local farmer's market and it was just awesome.
We got a pretty good haul from it as well
The good thing about living where we do is that we have a bunch of local farms that grow amazing produce and most of it organic! We got a pound of pink lady's apples for $2! Now I have some excellent ideas for dinners this week and I'll be sharing the recipes soon!

There's this beautiful tea house in our town that I've been dying to go to and Michael finally took me to it on Saturday. It was adorable, charming, beautiful, and everything was just delicious. I felt like I was having tea in a charming old English woman's living room.
The first course: creamy pumpkin soup
I was in love that they used tea cups for soup bowls
None of the china matched which I felt made it feel homier
And then we got this and I'm not ashamed to say I ate all but 3 things in one sitting
There were 4 different sandwiches (pesto cream cheese, egg salad, olive tapenade, and cucumber. A delicious English scone with clotted cream, lemon curd, and strawberry jam. I'm officially in love with scones and want to eat them 24/7 with clotted cream and lemon curd. A mini spanikopta and warm artichoke dip bite. Then the desserts, ginger maple square, magic bar, chocolate whoopie pie with pumpkin creme, chocolate cupcake, and chocolate dipped strawberry. And a gigantic pot of Scottish breakfast tea.
Needless to say I was stuffed and already planning when I'd be back. I just loved it in there and I'm still raving about how amazing the place is.

Sunday we spent lying about on the couch with my cat and dog cuddled up with me watching the Niners game. Later on in the day we noticed this rolling in
This cloud bank almost surrounded our entire neighborhood...it looked like a gigantic wall of death haha. I love fall!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment