Friday, October 4, 2013

Oh What a Year

Michael and I celebrated our first anniversary on October 1st and it was pretty damn awesome. I apologize in advance for the plethora of pictures and mushy things, skip this if you'd like, I won't judge.

Michael gave me my anniversary present right away
Besides being absolutely stunning, Michael always says, "I love you more than the moon and all the stars," so this necklace was absolutely perfect.

We started out having breakfast at a yummy little cafe down the street from my house and got some gigantic waffles.  After that we headed to our couples massage and oh good lord, if you have the money to splurge on one, do it. It was amazing to just get an hour to be pampered and relax. The spa I love around here is called Caress Day Spa and it is just fantastic; so calming, it smells amazing, there's always beautiful harp and flute music. And they have a gorgeous little garden in the back you can relax in. It was definitely a great way for us to spend our morning.

After that we went to lunch at a seaside restaurant and split an order of calamari and fries and watched the ocean. Once we got some yummy chocolate to go with a wine we bought months ago for our anniversary we checked into our hotel and seriously, if you're ever in Santa Cruz you need to stay at the Babbling Brook. It's stunning
The main entrance
It has a pretty brook that winds through the property and a water wheel
That bed was the softest bed I've ever slept in, I actually sank a good bit into it
We had a cute little fireplace
The view from our room
The beautiful garden down the stairs from our room.
It was just stunning and you'd have no idea it was on a busy street. It was homey and the staff was incredibly nice.

After we got ready we headed to the restaurant that Michael was going to surprise me with, but for some unknown reason they were closed so we quickly changed plans and headed to a fancy shmancy restaurant I knew had great food.

Just look at those views! You can't see because the colors match so well, but the ocean is actually visible over the top of the trees.
And we even had a little visitor
Super grainy picture I know, I did my best to not scare the doe away so I zoomed as close as I could.
It was just wonderful to sit outside and watch the sunset and the stars come out, we're both so lucky to live where we do.

It's been the best year of my life dating my best friend who I can be completely me around. 
Here's to year one and many more!



No comments:

Post a Comment