Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Green Smoothie

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't always a fan of green smoothies, but slowly I started incorporating them into my life. And my awesome teacher, Laurie, showed us how to make a natural green smoothie and I've been hooked.
Michael and I drink these all day and especially after we workout as a recovery drink. I try to eat foods that I can actually pronounce the ingredients list and protein powder....not one of those. So I was excited to be eating a "protein smoothie" that you can actually pronounce.

Now for the recipe, and remember you can always tweak to how you like it.

Green Smoothie 
Makes one individual smoothie

1 cup baby spinach
1 cup baby kale
2 tablespoons cashews
1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/2 tablespoon wheat germ
1 date, roughly chopped
1/4 cup frozen berries
1/2 banana
1/2 a medium orange, peeled
1/2 cup water

1. Blend the greens, cashews, chia seeds, and date with the water.

2. Add the flax seed, wheat germ, berries, banana, and orange. Blend until smooth.

3. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment