Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIAW: Turning 21

I figured I'd do my WIAW about my birthday eats so thanks Jenn @ Peas and Crayons for hosting the party!

Yesterday was my 21st birthday and while a lot of people like to spend their 21st getting hammered, I had an incredibly low-key birthday and I couldn't have been happier.
It's all thanks to my wonderful boyfriend :)

I started my birthday off at midnight with my first legal drink
Sex on the Beach as recommended by the bartender
It was pretty yummy

After my first legal drink Cody and I went home so I could crash and sleep in which I desperately needed.
Cody then made me a delicious breakfast with mimosas
French toast and bacon with mimosas. Yum!
While we waited for the sun to come out from behind the thick fog cover we watched The Princess and the Frog. Second year in a row I've watched a Disney princess movie on my birthday.

Once the fog cleared up we trekked down to the beach to enjoy some sun. Unfortunately the wind decided to blow like a damn storm was coming in, but it eventually subsided and warmed up pretty fast.
By the time we got to the beach and settled it was lunch time so we broke out our yummy sandwiches Cody made for us and munched away.
Turkey, avo, and bacon sandwiches on whole wheat
Funyuns and water

After we got enough sun on the beach we hauled our butts back home to shower and relax before dinner at a super nice restaurant I've been dying to go to.
I got this delicious pan seared chicken breast with rosemary & truffle compound butter on top and roasted root veggies and fingerling potatoes. Holy crap it was amazing.
Cody got a panko & coconut crusted halibut which was flavorless so I gave him some of my chicken.
We also each got a glass of wine. Pinot Grigio for me--I was expecting to get carded and I didn't.
But our waitress did know it was my birthday thanks to Cody so I got some free dessert
Peanut butter cheesecake with a layer of chocolate ganache
It was heaven

It was an amazing birthday all thanks to my wonderful boyfriend!

And of course I have to show off my awesome birthday presents!

And my parents got me this gorgeous vanity table for my room which I don't have a picture of.

It was awesome and I'm so blessed to have the people I do in my life to make it wonderful. Including these two fluffballs

My poor cat doesn't like baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment