Happy Monday everyone!
I'm finally joining Marvelous in My Monday since I actually remembered (pretty marvelous right? Ha!).
I decided to finally publish these
amazing marvelous cookies I made awhile ago and just remembered never got put out there for the world to enjoy. I originally got the recipe from Betty Crocker, but tweaked it to punch up the nutrition. I'll highlight the ingredients that I changed from the original recipe.
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
yields: 3 dozen cookies
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (instead of shortening)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (instead of all all-purpose flour)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, beat all ingredients except oats, flour, and chocolate chips with electric mixer.
3. Stir in oats, flour, and chocolate chips
4. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 10-13 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
How were they?
Delicious! They're super moist from the applesauce and have a nice chew to them. The chocolate chips are nice and melty and just the right amount of sweetness. Using whole wheat pastry flour rather than regular whole wheat flour keeps the cookies soft and you'd never know you've got whole wheat flour mixed in. Try these for a yummy healthy cookie!