Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patty's Day

I hope you all had an eventful (yet safe!) St. Patty's Day!

I spent my day making delicious Guinness beef stew, Irish soda bread, and Guinness chocolate cake. I was so thankful to have my boyfriend, Cody, around to do the grunt work help make the stew with me. He's a chef so it made things go 20X faster and helped to get this delicious dinner cooking!

Prepping everything for the stew--I was on potato peeling duty

While Cody was making the stew I started on our Guinness chocolate cake. It's incredibly easy and I'll definitely be posting the recipe for it later. Secretly I was just happy to be away from the kitchen where the onion was being cooked so I wasn't sobbing like a baby. 
Frosting our Guinness chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. Chocolate much?

While everything was cooking (yay for slow cookers!) Cody and I watched Immortals. Watching a movie on Greek mythology on a holiday about Ireland, makes sense right? Well we never finished the movie because we ended up passing out for a good couple hours. Why so tired?

This adorable little cat decided to run around the room meowing all crazy at 7-something to wake us up so she could go outside. I wasn't the happiest person when I woke up.

After our refreshing nap I made some Irish soda bread because nothing is better to sop up Guinness stew than Irish soda bread. My recipe was even a recipe used at a pub in Ireland, couldn't get anymore genuine.

Our finished meal--Irish butter on the soda bread as well

How was it?
It was amazing! It's been raining all crazy (added to the Irish atmosphere right?) and bowl of hot stew was definitely needed. Half the chocolate cake is gone already and is definitely worth every chocolatey bite!

How was your St. Patty's Day?
Any Irish recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment