Monday, June 9, 2014

Overnight Oats

When I first heard about Overnight Oats I wasn't too sure about how I would like them. I'd tried museli before and hated it and I didn't think I'd like Overnight Oats any more.
Well boy was I wrong!
This stuff saved my life and time. I eat it weekly and it's so crazy easy!

Overnight Oats
Makes 2 mason jars full
2/3 cup rolled oats (must be rolled!)
3/4 cup milk or nondairy milk such as almond or soy
2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter, like PB2
2 dates, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds

Mix all ingredients together in 2 mason jars (or a resealable container) and refrigerate overnight.

Some add in ideas:
Fresh fruit
Nuts or seeds
Shredded coconut
Pumpkin puree or roasted sweet potato
Cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger
Cocoa powder


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment