Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving & The Start of Christmas

Happy Monday everyone!
It has been a marathon of a weekend over here. It started with Thanksgiving and then zoomed through Christmas decorating, visiting the Dickens Fair, and seeing The Nutcracker with my mom.
I'll try and keep it photo heavy rather than word heavy!

Thursday was Thanksgiving (duh) and I spent a quiet one at home with my parents
Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade
Turkey prep
Forced family photo op! I promise my stepdad likes us, he just doesn't smile much

Friday we got all our Christmas decorations and our tree

 Christmas trees!
There, told ya he likes us
Christmas chaos

Post-Christmas decorating madness
and of course, the forced reindeer antlers

Saturday my parents and I went to the Dickens Fair up in San Francisco and got to experience A Christmas Carol in real life
 They had characters walking around like Father Christmas and Marley's ghost. They had Scrooge and Bob Crachit as well
I found this metal mustache on a stick, just had to get a photo with it
and of course they had Santa

Sunday my mom and I went to see a showing of The Nutcracker at my school
 It was a pretty good showing of it and the second time I've ever seen it. I always wanted to be a ballerina when I was younger, but never got to dance so I love watching ballets.

And finally, Michael has been out of state for work for the past month so we Skype everyday and talk as much as we can, which has included Skype coffee dates

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Who else has gotten their Christmas tree? Anyone decorated yet?

www.healthydivaeats.com
 

2 comments:

  1. That hat on your cat is PERFECT!

    You and you Mom look soooo happy..and no wonder..The Nutcracker is the BEST! Right?! My son and I saw it live for the first time last year..we LOVED it so much that we want to do it again this year :P

    Your step-dad may not smile much, like you say, buy hey, he's helping with the decorations..that's more than alot of men out there..trust me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Nutcracker!! This performance of it was mostly community and college dancers, but there were a few professionals thrown in there and they danced so beautifully!

      Delete