Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Prince Charming

Since my depression started taking over I had one little guy in my life to help make me smile.
There are times when I just sit and cry and he calmly walks over to me, stretches up his paws and places them on my cheeks and just licks my nose. He calms me when I'm upset and makes me smile by just being a silly cat. At night he sleeps next to my pillow with his face right next to mine and his purr helps lull me to sleep.
Sure he pisses me off when he tries to scratch my furniture, but I still love him and appreciate the quiet support he gives me. 
It's a little strange for non-pet owners to understand this connection between your pet and you and I'm so thankful I don't have to go through this without him.
He forces me to get up every morning (mostly because he doesn't stop licking my nose) and his meowing always makes me smile. He's been a wonderful balm for the pain I'm going through and I'm so incredibly thankful I adopted him 3 months ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment