Friday, March 15, 2013

Fit Fridays #12

I'm alive! I promise!
Now on to Fit Fridays!

Sunday:
1 hour of Zumba. If there's anything that can get my butt out of the house to the gym after god knows how long too long of a break, it's Zumba. I have so much fun just dancing and laughing with everyone.

Monday:
I went to a cardio kickboxing class for this first time at my gym!
I've always loved kickboxing and used to do it a lot at home when I was in high school.
This class kicked my ass. We had sections with weights and I couldn't lift my arms to do any of it. I was just so exhausted, but I had a great time! Of course now I'm sore from it and can barely walk, must stretch and replenish afterwards! Lesson learned.

Strength training at school
All upper body was w/ 10# dumbell
2x12 overhead press
2x12 arm curls
2x12 incline chest press
2x12 standing cable rows w/ 50#
2x12 single leg deadlifts w/ 10# dumbell
2x12 squats w/ 8 kg kettlebell
(For some odd reason all our kettlebells are in kilograms...but everything else is pounds. Makes no sense)
2-45 second planks
2-30 second side planks
2x12 "bird-dogs"
2x45 second glute bridges
2x12 crunches
2x12 leg raises (which my teacher terms leg lowers)

Tuesday:
Morning yoga class at school.
We practiced headstands today which was exciting. Unfortunately because my sinuses haven't quite gotten over the plague I had, I couldn't hold the prep pose very long without feeling like my face was going to explode.

Later after my anatomy class Michael and I took his dog, Jasmine, out for a walk along the beach.
 She was so happy!
It was really pretty out, but I was really cold from the breeze and my stomach wasn't feeling well so we had to cut the walk short at a mile.

Wednesday:
I had my fitness class at school, but my stomach has been cramping like crazy lately that I left after the midterm to rest.
No fitness today :(

Thursday:
Morning yoga sesh at school
and that's about it. I had anatomy lecture and lab which doesn't get me out until about 5:30 so I didn't have time for anything besides homework.

Friday:
I'm hoping I might be able to fit a run/walk somewhere in between anatomy and nutrition homework and cleaning the house.

I've been down with the flu/plague for the last few weeks so working out was out of the question until I was better. Unfortunately I got some kind of stomach thing on Monday so my workouts slowly dwindled throughout the week. Next week I plan on coming back strong and working out as much as I can.
Have a great (and fit) weekend!

What workouts have you done this week?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh stomach bugs are the worst! Don't worry it happens, in a way its almost nice to enjoy the rest you get to give your body when you're sick!

    ReplyDelete