Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WIAW: The Happiest Place on Earth

Happy Wednesday everyone!!
I'm completely thrown off this week because I took a 4 day weekend and went down to spend time with my best friend in SoCal.
We, of course, went to Disneyland. I'll be writing up a few posts about my spring break weekend with her, but for now, let's talk about my yummy eats from Disneyland
www.peasandcrayons.com
Michael and I stayed over at my bestie's house and while we were waiting for her, I raided her cupboards and ate this yummy bar to tide me over before breakfast

Unfortunately I was so busy making breakfast and wolfing it down, I forgot to take a picture of the yummy breakfast Michael and I made for her!
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, cara cara orange & banana

We got a delicious lunch when we got to Disneyland
Lunch:
Lobster roll (never had one!) & Old Bay spiced potato chips

Sweets:
I love sweets and Disneyland makes bomb sweets, so of course, I tried to limit my consumption 
 Michael's mom got me hooked on these, they're yummy
 Molly (my bestie) and I discovered a shop where you can make your own ice cream bar! We picked our ice cream flavor, milk or dark chocolate, and what sprinkles.
I chose vanilla bean with dark chocolate & Mickey sprinkles
We had to stop by Ghiradelli to get a free sample

I tried to make the smartest choice I could for dinner
Dinner:
Cheese ravioli with pesto & balsamic sacue w/ pine nuts and a side salad

More Snacks:
 Had to get a Starbucks to keep awake until the park closed! I love how they write your name (even though they spelled mine wrong)
White chocolate mocha with raspberry
 I've never had a Dole Pineapple Whip and I had to try one
It's definitely tradition to eat the popcorn there

Mmmm just looking over those eats makes me wish I could be back there eating all it again! 
But I know I've been super lazy about food and it's time to crack down on my eating and overhaul my diet. Time for more veggies & clean eating!

Have a good week everyone and I'll be back with part one of my spring break story!!

2 comments:

  1. I just added a ton of food to try to my list when I go to Disneyland this summer haha! The make your own ice cream bar sounds like heaven, the raviolis made my stomach growl, and I've been DYING to try the Dole pineapple whip! It looks like you had a very yummy time in Disneyland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially jealous - I've only been to Disney once and that was around 15 years ago..& I hear mixed reviews about Euro Disney (the closest one to me)..
    My inner child really wants Micky sprinkles, pineapple whip & you really cannot go wrong with pesto pasta :)
    Back to my carrot sticks...

    ReplyDelete