Sunday, February 23, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Happy Monday everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed watching the Olympics wind down. 
I realized I hadn't done a recap of my Valentine's Day yet so I figured I'd get it out there before it's been too long!

I didn't take too many pictures because I wanted to just enjoy the day.

Valentine's Day morning Michael took me out to get breakfast and I got some chocolate chip pancakes cause...yum! He brought me some gorgeous roses
I mean really, so many I needed two vases!

After breakfast I had to go to work and afterwards Michael picked me up so we could drive to San Jose to our gorgeous hotel
http://www.hayesmansion.com/
It's absolutely stunning!

We relaxed a bit and I inhaled these amazing bruleed strawberries Michael made while I was at work.
He made a marshmallow whip and dipped the strawberries in them and then bruleed them. They were aaaaaamazing. I ate I think like 8 of them.

We got ready and headed over to the restaurant for our delicious dinner. They did a special Valentine's Day dinner that started with a complimentary champagne cocktail. Our first course was a crostini with Humboldt Fog cheese & a cherry and then a mini artichoke split in half, stuffed with a creamy cheese, and fried. Our salad was a mixed greens salad with a black truffle vinaigrette. My main course was a lobster tail and filet mignon with a chantrelle mushroom brandy sauce with a saffron risotto. Michael's main course was a lobster tail and a rosemary garlic lamb chop with a potato gratin. We split a dessert of a chocolate mousse cake shaped like a heart dusted with gold dust, two chocolate covered strawberries, and pistachio brittle.
The whole dinner was absolutely amazing and delicious, my man spoils me so much!
 Plus I was happy to have a reason to dress up

After we got back to the hotel room we gorged on more chocolate covered strawberries that Michael made.
He's such an amazing man and I'm beyond lucky that he's mine :)

www.healthydivaeats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment