Tuesday, July 16, 2013

WIAW: I'm back!

Holy moly it's been a long time since I've done a What I Ate Wednesday post.
I'm talking like 5 months....5!!!!
I was MIA from blogging for a few months and then everytime I would take a picture of my food I would forget to take pictures of the rest of my day or forget to post altogether
But I actually remembered (minus 1 picture but that was because we were out at dinner)
So without further adieu, my WIAW post
Since I've been out of school I've been soaking up as much gym time as possible before I go back in a little less than 2 months. Mondays around here consist of an hour of cardio kickboxing circuit and then an hour of Zumba so I have to fuel up accordingly.
Breakfast:
Steel cut oats with brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins
Blueberry Greek yogurt
I've discovered the only way I make it through kickboxing is with this combination so I'm sticking to my tried and true method
Between kickboxing and Zumba I munch on some yummy gummies I discovered at Whole Foods
Between-Workout Snack:
I didn't have the pomegranate kind (it's a recycled pic) but they have these cherry flavored kind that are just awesome
  And then after Zumba I changed into my new bathing suit to swim for the first time in a few years. If you look at the end of the pool there are arm chairs and a fireplace, my gym is so swanky haha

Once I got home and showered I needed some fuel from 2 1/2 hours of cardio so I tested out this new sandwich recipe Michael and I found   
Lunch:
Multigrain bread with goat cheese, sliced green apples, and a mixed "Superfood" greens mix
And lots and lots of water

Michael's parents took us out to dinner at this awesome Japanese restaurant where unfortunately I didn't get a picture of my dinner so just use your imagination
Dinner:
Tempura vegetables (green beans, pumpkin, sweet potato, summer squash, and eggplant) and brown rice.
And even more water

Dessert on the other hand I definitely got a picture of
  Dessert:
Tempura bananas with vegan coconut ice cream
Drool

Ha! I actually did an entire post for once! So proud.

Any once else a sucker for tempura fried dessert?   

2 comments:

  1. Yum! What are your thoughts on the Honey Stingers? I'm trying to find a new fuel for my long runs and have heard these are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them. They're just like gummy candy and taste really good, especially the cherry flavored ones. They don't sit heavily in your stomach and they don't make you sick so I'd definitely recommend them.

      Delete