Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I absolutely love 3 day weekends.
I get a longer weekend and the following week is a day shorter for work, it's always amazing.
This weekend was obviously Memorial Day and I got to spend it with my awesome family which (finally) included my big brother, who also happens to be a Marine.
But first I'll start with Friday

On Friday Cody and I went to get dinner before we went to see Men in Black III. The only problem with summer around Santa Cruz is that so many annoying people flock here to enjoy the beaches and the Boardwalk. So when Cody and I went to get burgers before our movie I was expecting a normal 10 minutes for them to make our food. Oh no. 30 minutes went by and we still hadn't gotten our food. People who were behind us in line were getting their orders. I was hungry and cranky, but thankfully Cody was there to distract me with my early birthday present!
Aren't they gorgeous!
Since our burgers took so long we ended up having to grab them and get over to the movie theater and sneak them in in my purse. Once we got into the theater and the lights went down I was finally able to enjoy my burger. I got a veggie burger with bacon and cheddar cheese on a whole wheat bun. Very strange, I know.
The movie was hilarious! Despite the fact it came out years and years after the other 2 and I'll admit, I was skeptical that it would be good, it was really awesome. And Josh Brolin did an amazing job portraying a younger Tommy Lee Jones. It was eery how similar he sounded and looked. Two thumbs up to that movie
Cody also bought a play structure for the cats to play on. Technically it was for his cat, but when you have two cats in one room, things tend to get shared.
 Link ended up playing with it more than Ari did.

Saturday was a pretty quiet day. I took Link to his first vet visit since I adopted him and Cody and I went to get a t.v. for his room. For $25 you can't beat getting a damn nice t.v. and after Cody got off work we gave the t.v. it's first run with Thor which I fell asleep about 20 minutes in. What can I say, I was tired!

Sunday my family came up to go to Roaring Camp for a Civil War reenactment which was loads of fun. Instead of describing it all I'll post a bunch of pictures instead.



The battle which the two kids had to cover their ears for
 The monstrous hot dog I had for lunch






 

When we got home Lexi played with her new tea set 
To placate the kids we watched Tangled and afterwards were required to dance
These kids are damn adorable
After Cody got off work we actually watched Thor and I watched most of it until I couldn't keep my eyes open with about 10 minutes left. Running after 2 kids for a couple hours wears you out.

Monday Cody and I made waffles for breakfast
 Yum!
We mostly spent the day lying around watching Iron Man & Iron Man 2. Picking up on a theme for the movies (besides Men in Black III). Cody went to work that day and got swamped by all the tourists eating at the restaurant he works at. Poor guy. I spent the rest of my day curled up with Link watching Gossip Girl. I didn't want to disturb the little guy--look how cute he is!
 And with that adorable picture I'll stop talking since I've just about jabbered your ear off
 

No comments:

Post a Comment