Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WIAW: Food Struggles

Hello hello everyone!
I finally finally took pictures of everything I ate in one day. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've done a What I Ate Wednesday post with the always lovely Jenn

Pre-workout Snack
1/2 nanner shared with Michael & coffee

Breakfast
2% Greek yogurt with jam & granola
Protein shake 

Lunch
Broccoli, cauliflower & ground turkey patties/nuggets with barbecue sauce
(Recipe coming soon!)

Afternoon Snack
Protein shake & apple with honey roasted peanut butter

Dinner
Michael made some delicious tilapia with this adobo seasoning his parents got us from New Orleans
Homemade black beans & a whole wheat naan
I also had a small glass of pomegranate wine that's unpictured

Dessert
Raspberry sorbet

Something I've been struggling with a lot is eating healthy. I do well for one day and then the next I'm a huge carb monster that wants pasta and cake and all other manners of bad stuff for you. I'm thankful I have Michael around to keep me straight, but it's difficult when your brain is telling your body the only thing it wants is not on your list of foods to eat. I'm slowly working on retraining my brain to crave healthy food rather than junk (I have a post about that coming up).

I've got some great ideas for posts coming up so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment