Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Resolutions

Hello hello everyone!
Today I wanted to talk about resolutions.
No no, not mine (I haven't actually made any); I'm talking about the #1 resolution made year after year.

Losing Weight

I think losing weight is an amazing goal considering about 69% of the United States adult population is overweight! What I want to do here is help you create a game plan to get there. And not just any game plan, an attainable game plan!

A healthy weight loss is about 1-2 pounds per week. 
That's 1-2 of these!
Still think 1 pound is just one pound?

At the beginning of your weight loss you'll probably lose more than 1-2 pounds per week, that's normal, but please please for the love of Batman don't try and aim for 5-10 pounds per week, it's not attainable through healthy methods.

So, Brittany, how do I lose weight in a healthy way?

It all comes down to mathematics (no no! Don't run away!)

One pound equals 3,500 calories.
To make that attainable during the week you can break it down daily and then break it down to exercise and diet
Taking 250 calories out of your day doesn't seem so hard now huh?

A good plan to take control over your daily calorie intake is to use a food tracker like MyFitness Pal (I'm on there, find me!). It makes you aware of not only what you are eating, but how much.


I hope this helps you in your goal to create a healthy lifestyle and lose weight this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment