Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bahamas Cruise Part Two

Hey there!
I'm  back with part two of my wonderful Bahamas cruise!
If you missed part one check it out here

The second day of the cruise we went to Royal Caribbean's private island called Cococay.
It was my first step ever in the Caribbean and it was amazing! It was so warm, the sand was so soft and white. We immediately found the shack to rent snorkel gear and went over to hear the orientation before we set out. Unfortunately they didn't tell us it was jellyfish season before we spent $65 on snorkeling gear. We were told the jellyfish sting was more annoying than painful, but I didn't want to take my chances.
There were sunken ships & airplane crashes in the water you could snorkel around so Michael and I set off for the nearest crash. The whole time I was panicking trying to dodge jellyfish and the water was pretty murky so it was actually really hard to see the translucent jellyfish. Michael almost got one in the face and I had saltwater in my eye so it made it extra hard to see the little buggers. We made it to the airplane crash and boy was it creepy looking. It was obviously planted there, but it was really really creepy to see something like that in the water. After Michael explored it for awhile we decided to head back to shore and rest before hunting down the ship's hull. What I didn't take into account with the swim back was the current. Holy cow! I was just exhausted. At one point we got surrounded by jellyfish and I started having a panic attack, not smart in the water! Eventually we made it back to the shore and I just plopped myself down in the lounge chair and rested
Such a beautiful view too!

The sun is just brutal on the island so we packed up and headed for some shade which was the lunch area and I was surprised to see wild roosters just roaming around

After lunch we headed to a different part of the island which seemed like the adults only section because there were barely any kids there. It was definitely prettier than the other part
Michael and I just bobbed around in the water to stay cool

I started seeing a huge storm coming towards the island so I decided it was time for us to pack up and head back to the ship. We got to see some awesome iguanas on our way back
 They were just crawling around on the ground and climbing in all the trees. It was so cool!
I just couldn't get over how beautiful the water is!

After getting back to the ship we showered and then promptly plopped into bed and passed out!
Next is the island of Nassau!
Stay tuned for part three!

No comments:

Post a Comment