Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Little Catch-Up

Hey everyone! So sorry I've been MIA for almost 10 days! It's been a little busy around here and I've also lost access to a computer at home so I can't blog unless I'm at work. So anyway, on to a quick recap of the only stuff that I can remember important stuff around here.

My mom and I joined a gym together a few days ago and I've been making sure to kick her butt while we're there. I was already a member at a gym around the corner from my house, but it was so tiny and this new gym is so big and beautiful and there was a pool. If you didn't know, I used to be a champion swimmer so swimming is definitely a love of mine! Last night my mom and I took a zumba class together and it just happened to be her first zumba class ever. She had fun, but was still challenged a bunch which is exactly what she needs. She's signed me up as her own personal trainer so I'm looking forward to pushing her and keeping her motivated. After my workout I made sure to try this new smoothie that I've heard a bunch about called a Green Monster. It's super easy and really delicious. Why is it green? Well, it contains a whole lot of spinach, buuuut before you get grossed out by drinking a spinach smoothie, it tastes nothing like spinach. It's actually quite sweet and delicious when you add the right ingredients. Here's my recipe:

1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
1 banana frozen and cut into chunks
2 ice cubes
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 Greek yogurt

The only reason I use Greek yogurt is because I'm out of milk, whoops! It'll be a lot easier to blend with milk so definitely stick to the milk. Please try this, it's absolutely delicious and refreshes you after an intense workout.

Last Saturday I also got a new tattoo! I've been wanting this for awhile, but couldn't decide where I wanted it. I got it behind my ear and if you want a virtually painless tattoo, go behind the ear. It tickled more than anything and my tattoo artist was done in like 10 minutes. I just hate the fact that I can't see it, but what are pictures for hmm?



There isn't much more to catch up on so hope everyone enjoys they're upcoming weekend and Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment