Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Little Switcheroo

Welcome to my brand new blog everyone! Now, as the post title says, this is a bit of a switcheroo. I had an old blog that was about my life as a future military wife in the Navy. Unfortunately the military factor is out of the equation now. My fiance got discharged from the Navy for having asthma which no one detected before he went to boot camp. I didn't feel it appropriate to keep posting on that blog so I created a new one with a new focus. Now that we have that lengthy explanation out of the way, let's get blogging!

This weekend I kept pretty busy trying to keep my mind occupied. Friday I ended up skipping out of work halfway through the day since that was the day I learned my fiance had been medically discharged. I went to a barbeque with some friends to brighten my spirit and then came home and had margarita night with my best friend. I ended up munching down a bunch of junk food and let me tell you, going from healthy food to processed food was very comforting.

Saturday I spent the day shopping with my friend and what more can brighten your day then buying new clothes? Unfortunately I ended up sick so I couldn't go to the bonfire that I had helped plan so I just lied around on my couch watching The Lost World. Fun fact: The Lost World and Jurassic Park were my favorite movies when I was little. I reenacted scenes during recess with my friends and everyone was expecting me to be a paleontologist when I grew up....I ended up being a pastry chef, but! my love for dinosaurs never diminished.

Sunday I cleaned my much abused apartment for hours. Surprisingly I enjoy cleaning because who doesn't love the feeling of a clean house and in turn cleaning up your life? Sunday is also football day and that's something I definitely don't miss. As I write this my Chicago Bears are playing and kicking ass. What a wonderful end to a good weekend!

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment