Sunday, September 22, 2013

Playing Catch-Up

Alright I'm not starting this post with an "I'm sorry I haven't blogged" because I'm not. I've been crazy busy this last month so lemme give you a quick catch-up.

I started my last year of college!!! So excited to finally be done. I have to take an intro to kinesiology class and as much as I like kinesiology, this class is a total snoozefest. It's at 9:30 and I am not a fan of my teacher. The first day of class she walked in looking like someone woke her up with an air horn and I just knew I wouldn't like her and she hasn't proved me wrong. She's rude and mean and yet feels like we all love her. She talks in such a montone voice that I have to actively look around the room to not fall asleep. And she can't remember when she assigns up homework and assumes we've already done something when she hasn't even assigned it. Clearly I'm not a fan of this class. I have two fitness classes with a teacher I absolutely adore. She's 51 and very spunky. I'll actually be writing about her classes in another post. I have a creative writing class that I'm not 100% excited about, but it's not horrible. And then I have a chemistry class to get into physiology for next semester. It's way waaay easier than my high school chem class so it's been a breeze so far. However the teacher is amazing so I actually enjoy going to her class.

I have plantar fasciitis so I've been seriously limited on my workouts which lemme say is torture. Pure torture. I'll talk more about this on Friday (so you'll have to come back *hint hint*)

And finally, I got Zumba instructor certified!!!
I took an eight hour instructor training course in Fremont and I was exhausted by the end of it. We went over every variation of the four basic steps, meringue, salsa, reggaeton, and cumbia. My teacher is actually a local instructor and the person to bring Zumba to Santa Cruz. She's 51 and I swear she doesn't look a day over 25. She was really sweet and kept us all motivated to go when 3 hours in all we wanted to do was lie on the ground. It was tough, but I did it and now I'm just working on getting a class put together so I can try and teach somewhere. Thankfully we got a bunch of material so I can review all the stuff we learned

So there we go, caught up for the most part. I'll be back soon with more posts!!

1 comment: