Tuesday, February 12, 2013

WIAW: A School Day

Happy Wednesday everyone!
If you can't tell by the name I started the spring semester at my college.
I won't go into the classes I have here, but I'll do a separate post for it.
One it's a lot I want to talk about and I don't want your eyeballs to start bleeding with how long this post could get and two, I'm just so damn tired that I don't want to make the effort.
Maybe I should stop waiting until Tuesday night to write this post...

Anywho, thanks to Jenn for this awesome link-up! It's always brightens up the middle of my week and I just love looking at what other people are eating.
 Most of these pictures are from Tuesday, but I'm tossing in a few from Monday because I can. And I also didn't finish Monday which was my goal because I had a meltdown and decided to eat handfuls of cookies to try and improve my spirits. Lemme just say it doesn't help.

 Breakfast:
Monday (left): 1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled with a sweet potato and red bell pepper hash. Getting my veggies in during breakfast!
Tuesday (right): Non-fat Greek yogurt with a little mixed berry jam after my morning yoga class

After I ate breakfast I went to the library to do some nutrition homework. I freaking love this class. I'll talk more about it in another post.

Morning snack:
Two cuties.
It's been pretty warm for February around here so I was loving sitting out in the sun eating some fruit, it was just so perfect.

Lunch:
Monday (left): Whole wheat pita pizza w/ pasta sauce, mozzarella, red bell peppers, olives, and mushrooms. So good! If anyone is interested I can post a how-to on this yummy concoction. Just lemme know!
Tuesday (right): Broccoli and cauliflower nuggets with bbq sauce.
I'll be posting a recipe for this soon!

After lunch I headed to my anatomy class and then inhaled a snack walking back to my car.
Afternoon snack:
Saltines with natural peanut butter. 
I took this while walking so it's slightly blurry. Whoops!

Post run snacks
 D'Anjou pear
 Leftover popcorn
Vegan double chocolate mini cookie 
I'll review this suckers soon because they're freaking amazing!

And since I had been up and going since 5:30 am I needed some caffeine
Much needed caffeine:
Very Berry Hibiscus refresher at Starbucks
Michael and I were both exhausted from our days and reaaaaally didn't feel like cooking and apparently since it's Chinese New Year, we got Chinese food.
Dinner:
Veggie chow mein, broccoli and snow peas in some weird sauce that ended up being covered up by soy sauce thankfully, and white rice with sweet and sour sauce.
Eating even MORE veggies

And because my sweet tooth has been going batcrap crazy lately
Dessert/my favorite meal:
Vanilla frozen greek yogurt with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream
Okay, phew! Now my brain is a little fried from so many pictures!
And sorry for this post being so whiney at the beginning. Maybe I should get some cheese to go with my whine *que humorous drum noise*
I'll be back soon with an update on school and some new recipes!

How have you been adding more veggies into your diet (you have riiiiight?!)

4 comments:

  1. Broccoli and cauliflower nuggets? Have you shared this recipe before??

    ..."but I'm tossing in a few from Monday because I can" ha ha, of course you can because it's YOUR blog & you can do what you wantttt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't posted the recipe yet but I will soon!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm i love the look of all of this; either breakfast or dessert is my favourite meal of the day; depending on what i have for each one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sucker for Chinese food- yum and those cuties- I can eat them like candy...only because I am quitting sugar :) Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete