Thursday, February 14, 2013

Standing on My Soapbox

I'm going to preface this post that I am not a bitter, single girl. 
I have an amazing boyfriend who I love incredibly much and who makes me feel like I'm on top of the world.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day.
Why you might ask?
I feel like Valentine's Day is this big holiday to celebrate love and romance, which obviously it is. But men feel this is the appropriate time to buy a girl flowers or show that he cares, and vice versa with women.
My irritation with this holiday is that people really only show their love and romance for each other publicly one day a year.
Romance and love shouldn't be a one day a year thing, it should be every day.
I don't go all out on Valentine's Day because I feel it's no different than any other day when I show my boyfriend that I love him.
Don't limit romance and romantic gestures to one day a year, show someone you love them every single day. Give them flowers just because you love the, leave little love notes around. Just bring the romance into your lives everyday rather than saving it all up for one day. The other 364 days matter too.

Now, I'm stepping off my soapbox and wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day and romance every day.

As for my boyfriend, I love you because you would surprise me with a pair of cupcake earrings for Valentine's Day when I wasn't expecting anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment