Monday, January 30, 2012

Let's Have a Little Chat

Hello there! Long time no blog right? Sorry I've been a little MIA for almost two weeks!

I've been a little depressed and because of that I didn't want to do anything. I won't go into my sob story so I'll just let you all know I've bounced back and jumping back into the groove, which includes the gym. Yes yes, that means I haven't gone to the gym for this last week. Go ahead, glare at me, I've been doing that in the mirror everyday this last week trying to guilt myself into going to the gym; obviously it didn't work.

Yesterday was my first day back at the gym after being gone for over a week and boy am I feeling it today. My mom and I started on the second week of C25K since we agreed to just skip trying to do it last week. This week's workouts are 1.5 minute run, 1 minute walk for 20 minutes. Simple enough right? Not when you've been lazing around and eating food like burgers and Oreos for a week. I'm definitely feeling the ache in my hips and legs today, but I'm in a much better mood because of it. I'm going to try to increase the incline each workout so it gets a little harder everytime; I'm not one for easy workouts.

In all honesty, as much as I jest about kicking myself for not going to the gym, I know my limits. I could barely work up the energy to get out of bed nevermind hauling my butt over to the gym to challenge myself. So just remember, sometimes you need a break and you shouldn't feel horrible for wanting to relax every once in a while.

I'm glad to be back and I'll be posting a monthly update in the next few days. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment