Sunday, January 17, 2016

Honeymoon Part One: Edinburgh & Stirling Castle

Hello everyone!
I'm finally (FINALLY) getting around to posting about the honeymoon.
Michael and I went to Scotland for the first time and it was amazing. I can't even describe how beautiful the country is.
We stayed in Edinburgh and our second day we went to Stirling to see Stirling Castle.

Flying to Scotland
The flight to Scotland was not nearly as bad as I was anticipating. I brought my ipad to watch movies on, but United now has screens on the back of the seats so you can watch movies for free. We flew over Ireland, but it was so covered in clouds we couldn't see it (can't wait to go there). We arrived in Scotland at 8am and I was literally bouncing in my seat I was so excited. We drove to our B&B hours earlier than our check-in, but thank god the innkeepers were so nice they let us check in and put our bags in our room.


The B&B we stayed in

First tea in Scotland
We took the bus into Edinburgh center and stopped somewhere I had looked up to get some tea and wifi. I loved that anywhere you got jam they came in these tiny individual jars. Part way through the day I was ready for a nap (never slept on the plane) so we went back to the B&B and passed out. Both of us have never slept so hard in our lives!


The next day we drove out to Stirling which is about 30 minutes northwest of Edinburgh to see Stirling Castle.
The drive to Stirling Castle

View of the entrance to Stirling Castle
Stirling Castle
Real clothing from way back when


Stirling Castle has been restored and made to be a historical monument so it had a ton of historical stuff in it. It was really exciting to see all these old artifacts and how the castle looked way back when.

View of the Wallace National Monument
(the building on the hill)
Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment