Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's Good To Be Home

Yesterday was my first day back at the gym and it felt wonderful!
It was raining and freezing cold so it made it a bit difficult to roll out of bed and get my workout clothes on, but somehow I found the motivation (probably the fear of Michael lecturing me on not going) and got a move on. I'm so glad I did! I felt so great walking back into the gym.
I kept to a light strength training workout with the machines since I haven't done any strength training in weeks and I didn't want to hurt myself. Surprisingly all of the weights on the machines were the same as when I had stopped going, but it's not exactly where I want to be. But time and consistency brings progress!
My workout included:
2x12 lat pulldown 40#
2x12 assisted chin ups 55#
2x12 assisted dips 55#
2x12 chest press 20#
2x15 leg press 70#
2x15 hip abduction 40#
2x15 calf press 25#
2x15 leg curls 40#

After my workout I headed home to stretch for awhile with some yoga and recover with a protein shake. I feel so motivated to be healthy and help motivate others!

No comments:

Post a Comment